Course Date/Time: Thursday, 1st June & Monday, 5th June 2017 (19:00 - 21:00)
Venue: Sammy Wallace Room, Massereene Golf Club, 51 Lough Road, ANTRIM, BT41 4DQ
Length of Course: 6 Hours
Closing Date for Applications: Monday, 22nd May 2017
The course content should include:
- Understanding reflective practice techniques (retrospective reflection; reflection in action and prospective reflection);
- Understanding the benefits and barriers to reflective practice;
- Developing self-evaluation skills;
- Exploration of a range of self-assessment and peer assessment models;
- Agreeing a Personal Development Plan;
- How to develop procedures, processes and resources that will help practitioners in the process of self-evaluation within their settings;
- How to engage and embrace in reflective practice leading to increased quality provision within their settings and improved outcomes for all children;
- How to utilise the tools necessary for the self-evaluation process; and
- Understanding how self-evaluation assists in Education and Training Inspectorate and Trusts’ inspection processes.
Upon completion, the practitioner will have an understanding of the role of continuous professional development in ensuring quality in our work as early years’ practitioners. In particular, to make the links between learning and transfer of learning to the workplace.
To apply for a place on this FREE training course, please complete the attached application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you have difficulty downloading or emailing the attached form, please send an email with the relevant details (i.e. title of course(s) for which you wish to apply, names of staff members, full contact details – name of group, postal address, telephone number and email address).