A programme to support understanding and delivery of physical activity for Under 5s
This British Heart Foundation (BHF) Early Movers training aims to promote a greater understanding of the important role physical activity plays in early years’ development. It is designed to increase knowledge of the physical activity guidelines for early years as well as provide practical ideas on how to increase physical activity within settings by supporting early years’ practitioners and settings in the planning and organisation of physically active play environments for children under five.
‘Early Movers’ is a physical activity training programme and set of resources developed by the British Heart Foundation.
Each setting will receive an ‘Early Movers’ resource pack.
Early Movers Training is delivered by The Health & Social Care Trust. All future courses will be advertised on NICMA's Website.
Who Should Attend
Childcare providers and other relevant staff and volunteers working directly with babies and children aged 0-5 years or parents/carers of children aged 0-5 years.
British Heart Foundations physical activity guide for early years practitioners
- How to maximise physical activity opportunities for children from birth to 5 years in your setting.
- Promoting a whole setting approach to physical activity by providing tools to audit your current provision and develop a physical activity policy.
- Practical ideas for enhancing physically active play
aims of course
- To highlight the Chief Medical Officers’ Physical Activity guidelines for children aged 0-5 years.
- To provide information to support childcare providers enhance physical activity opportunities for babies and children aged 0-5 years in their setting.
|Location||Date||Time (3.5 hour course)|
|Strathroy Community Centre, Omagh||2 May 2017|| 6.00 pm - 9.30 pm|
|St Columb’s Park House, Londonderry||30 May 2017|| 6.00 pm - 9.30 pm|
How do I Book?
To request a place on the course, Please return completed form to:
Health Improvement Department,
Western Health and Social Care Trust,
Maple Villa, Gransha Park , L’Derry, BT47 6WJ
Booking Forms can also be completed and submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org