Children are born with a predisposition for learning. They have a natural curiosity about their environment and especially with the people they engage with.
Practitioners therefore need to provide appropriate activities and experiences that encourage children (0 – 3 years) to progress in all areas of their development.This course is aimed at all early years practitioners working with babies and children aged between 0 and 3 years old.
Upon completion of the course, the practitioner will have an understanding of the following:
- What children need to develop
- Baby brain development
- The areas of child development (0-3 years)
- The importance of reflective practice
- The importance of the environment when promoting children’s development (0-3 years)
- Explore the meaning of play and the different types of play
- The importance of promoting speech, language and communication for children 0-3 years
- How to promote cognitive/intellectual development (0-3 years).