Why Join NICMA?
NICMA is a membership organisation and professional body working to support and develop quality home-based childcare and learning for the benefit of children, families & communities.
- NICMA is the only organisation actively working on behalf of the childminding sector in Northern Ireland.
- NICMA have 30 years experience of dealing with local childminding issues and is well respected within the early years sector.
- NICMA staff have a strong local knowledge base with field staff working in every H&SCT area.
- NICMA offer a ‘value for money service’ for childminders - just over £2 per week for the full membership package which has been ‘tailored’ to meet the needs of self-employed childminders.
- NICMA work hard to source funding for training packages and bursaries which are then offered to members free of charge.
- NICMA childminders can access advice and support both through the office, the web site and through locally based staff on any aspect of their childminding business.
Included in your membership
Every NICMA member receives a pack of information to help with the business side of childminding - contract forms, child record forms, pay guidelines etc. to enable childminders to run a professional service.
NICMA's Information Line is staffed Monday - Thursday (9.00am - 4.00pm), Friday (9.00am - 1.00pm) to answer childminding queries from members or parents.
NICMA's e--zine provides up-to-date information on childminding issues, training and new developments within the organisation
We offer a range of leaflets and publications to help childminders run their businesses effectively.
To provide childminders with a support network within their own community. Groups can offer training, social events and outings for childminders and children.
Childminding Vacancy Service
Our computerised database holds details of all members vacancy situation. With this information we can bring you new business by putting parents in touch with you. On Line Vacancies gives Childminders the opportunity to advertise their services on NICMA’s web site.
NICMA's Annual Conference provides members with the opportunity to network with childminders from around Northern Ireland.
Attached to Surestart projects offer the opportunity to join a Network in your area (where available).
Available for continuous membership and group discounts available through your local Support Group/Buddy Group.
Training and Quality Initiatives
Provision of a range of training programmes to support and enhance the quality of home based childcare.
Access to a range of training opportunities for members and non-members.
Support and Guidance
Provided to ensure all Childminders understand how to meet minimum standard requirements.
Opportunity to access the Level 2 Certificate in Childminding Practice to enable childminders to enhance their knowledge, skills and understanding of the early years sector.
Each childminder is covered for up to £5 million in the event of accidental injury/death occurring to a child in their care. Damage to the property of third parties
Cover of approximately £100,000 for defence of any criminal prosecution arising from normal childminding duties and responsibilities.
Free Legal Advice
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, NICMA members have access to a Legal Advice line offering free advice on any legal problems.